Sunday, May 4, 2008

freedom dog


it's really a fransk hotdog. but if i had to rename it, i would name it a tysk (german) dog, because the efficient design of this food is undeniable. the bun is basically a pocket that the ham captain(skinke captjan) squirts condiments into, then she slides the dog into the neat and tidy portable pocket. this one deserves a FANTASTISK!, though the bun was chewy low quality. i guess that is what i get for buying a hot dog when the bakers are just getting to work. i should start logging their locations, but i am a little too lazy for that. i bought this one on Amagerbrogade, if you really want to know. oh, and coming soon, a series about the pølse vagen themselves. i have been highlighting the food but a friend brought to my attention that my reporting is a bit one-sided and you deserve to learn more about the wagons themselves. also, a magic moment. my guy, the one who owns the three wagons in my hood and who i almost always get my dogs from, gives me the sweetest insider deals on dogs now. normally they cost 20 Kr- and he gives me my regular for 10! woah. this is a real milestone. or is this just how they get you hooked?

another evening walk along the Lakes. the clouds were reflected so perfectly in the water. it is almost hard to tell which is sky and which water.
also ///
tomorrow i am going to Malmö to meet with the city ecologist about how to integrate hotdog wagons into the green infrastructure. ha! i wish. no, i am going to interview her about the Western Harbor, but the word on the street is that in Sweden you can get a hotdog with a huge pile of mashed potatoes on top. brilliant. that is fusion cooking, i tell you. i'll report back about what i find.

2 comments:

boobieprize said...

you look beautiful eating that hot dog. those remind me of the dogs we ate in Kauai at a place called Puka Dog. the dog came wrapped in a the bread tube. it reminds me of eating a weiner wink, i would love to be eating one right now.

at Puka dog, they have these long tubes that quirt like a mayo type sauce in and also whatever kind of mustard and relish you pick. i picked mango and kevin got banana. it was a good thing i got it on the side as i liked just dipping into the mustard best.

love,
annie

Anonymous said...

It is no mess
I'm a captain of ham
I down the dogs and
I leave no trace

It's a quick fix
from my doggie dealer

the perfect doggie pocket. shhhhh