Friday, May 23, 2008

this one's for grandma


i haven't been able to get into a dark room to develop all the film pictures i have taken (and it's soooo expensive at the photo store) and so, first, all summer i will be posting pictures from the trip that are held in the silver gelatins of my tiny film canisters. i sure wish i could see them now. but second, the most urgent consequence of not printing real pictures is that my grandma doesn't use the internet, as far as i know, so i haven't been able to show her what i am seeing. so, i found a cheap old polaroid at a flea market in berlin full of exposures and with a new cartridge of exposures. the film that was in the camera must be old, but the effect is kind of pretty. these are my two most recent polaroids and one is the beginning of posts about norway. the color striping only happened when i scanned it. they really are almost exclusively orange and yellow. click the photos to see them at full size.

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Lovely! Along the same lines as what I said about "modern ruins", it always bugs out my sense of time and reality to see images of "now" produced in a way that makes them look like "then". For me it's hard to conceive of the past as being as real as today because all my mental images are faded, yellowed, & b&w.