Thursday, April 24, 2008

book selections


ABCHCE by HC Ericson
This one is incredible. Short poems like this one on p. 54:

Dear
Telephone Company

I seldom receive any personal calls.

No one ever calls to say
that they miss me,
that I mean everything to them,
that there's no one quite like me

There must be something wrong
with my phone


Then the poems are accompanied by letters extruded into 3-D line drawings like the ones on the cover. Beautiful book. Translated from Swedish.




And then these two gems. Found The Graduate at a little basement thrift store in my neighborhood and Black Boy at the Laundromat Cafe (strangely Seattle-esque breakfast joint that sells used books and organizes them by color. I'm knee deep in Black Boy right now, then I'll move on to The Graduate.

No comments: