Monday, April 7, 2008

library


This one goes out to the Danes for making a beautiful, adaptively reused military building into a library full of light and comfortable spaces. And now for the creamy center – a book and magazine collection the likes of I am seeing for the first time. If it weren't designed so perfectly for working, I just might might spend the day drooling over the multicolored spines. Sometimes I walk through the isles and I run my finger along the spines without looking. Then I stop, look at what my finger has run upon, pull it out, and give it a glance. Other times, I scan the shelves for I don't know what and pull down whatever catches my eye. I did that today and I found the section where Sauerbruch and Hutton books are stored. I'll never be the same.

1 comment:

Emma Nowinski said...

i totally worked on my thesis document from that chair!!! glad our butts have shared space on multiple continents ;)