Friday, April 25, 2008

a ham nail in a straitjacket


Mark just filled me on some slang for hotdogs and the stands. I will slowly be divulging these gems of Danish lexicogpraphic wonder as I eat what's named in the nicknames.
Last night I braved the hotdog wrapped in bacon and it was a real wiener. Next time I will drink fewer beers before the food act because to be quite honest, I don't think I was able to fully experience the flavors the "ham nail in a straightjacket." Next time, I will give it's fair due and eat one midday with a bike-riders hunger.

a sausage wrapped in bacon: "et skinkesøm i spaendetrøje" (a ham nail in a straitjacket)

5 comments:

boobieprize said...

i just wrote you a long comment and it didnt save.
:(

your dog looks delish.

i like how shiny it is and i wish i was there to be eating one with you.

cant wiat for you to be home so we could giggle.

love,
Annie

Anonymous said...

"Now that is just a phallus!" True story: an RV salesman once said that line to my little old parents. He meant fallacy, but his words have never rung more true, SusieLou. Hope you are vell and excited for you to storm Berlin.

Cheers,
Kevin

Anonymous said...

Hi Susie!
Yummy-looking dog and I love to local name for it too! I crave hot dogs for some inexplicable reason, esp since having Liam. I miss you! Liam sends a big raspberry and a slobbery kiss.
Love, Sarah

Anonymous said...

so you're a tough dog. a shy dog?
all wrapped in tough skin -or- hidden
beneath
the piggie, I'll eat you up
crunch - yum

annika said...

"et skinkesøm i spaendetrøje" could translate to "a skunk in spandex trousers"