Friday, June 13, 2008

a mown lawn






Mowing is a crucial part of good parks and landscapes. If it's done well, it looks fantastic, much like the photos shown. If done badly it is equivalent of a bad hair day, or rather, a bad hair month. These pictures are from Kastellet, a fortified fortress in Copenhagen right on the harbor. I frequently take walks here as you will see in my next installment of "walks". ha ha! I don't know why I find that funny but it might be due, in part, to the fact that I presented my research to the Center yesterday and was doing a lot of long days to write and then prepare my slideshow. It all went very well and I was so pleased to share what I have done. It has been quite some time since I have really talked to anyone about my work and I was sorely in need of some reflection. I had fun with the slideshow, as usual, and will surely use parts of it when I present in the fall at the UW. You're all invited!

Jennifer and Ryan arrive tomorrow, then Owen comes on Monday. I can hardly wait. It will be such a treat to have my pals here. I am sure the posts will dwindle a bit at that point (sorry Nancy) though I will do my best. But, before you know it, I will be asking you to take me out for a beer back home. So if you start to miss me, have no fear, it's only two weeks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful with your blog it is very useful to me.

Anonymous said...

It could give you more facts.

Anonymous said...

It could challenge the ideas of the people who visit your blog.