Thursday, June 12, 2008

new bike


i came to copenhagen with no intention of buying a bicycle because i have a great bike that does the job at home. but, on my commute there is a store where beautiful custom bikes are sold and after many days of passing it, i thought i would go in for a peek. i don't think it's practical to have a dutch style bike with a swoopy skirt bar in seattle because they are not great on hills so i expected to like the bikes, but not fall in love. you always get what you don't expect and now i am soon to be the owner of a lovely 3-speed, navy blue, chain-guarded 2007 bike made by fancy bike-maker rasmus of Cykelmageren. It's not custom, but they build their standard frames in Denmark, get painted in Denmark and I'll be bundling my babe and taking it on the plane only partially assembled. it turns out that prize money i won for the JA! postcard is just enough to cover the bike after I get my VAT back. just imagine! happy early graduation to me! can't wait to show it off. if you go to the website, i got the frame that is boxy, but has a skirt bar (w/ brown brooks saddle).

No comments: