Monday, June 9, 2008

soccer / football madness


I haven't noticed the soccer craziness in Copenhagen, though in the last two days I have received two emails from Germany on this topic. They were so colorful and funny, I thought I would share a quote from each. I hope this isn't a breach of email trust...

Owen says:
"Inre. EuroCup soccer/gambling madness: DON'T bet ANY money on Germany, in spite of any past allegiances you may have. They will play convincingly into the quarterfinals, then crushed (again) like cheap grapes by spaghetti-eating Italians. I'm just glad England didn't even make it in, their fans are the absolute WORST."
priceless!

Josh says:
"All of Germany is in the grip of Football fever the euro cup is going on and team Kraut is pretty damn good. I sat down for some grub at an outside table across the street form where an ever increasing group of folks brought chairs to watch the game on a screen set up outside. eventually blocking off about 2/3rds of the road."
cute!

photo of Dresden by Joshua Powers (on flickr.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, priceless comments... I have been going to cafe presse to watch the games... not quite the action there that one would find over the pond but fun none-the-less.

take care susie, see you soon. nate